Saturday, November 1, 2014

Back In The Game

So for those of you who actually read my blog posts, you'll know I haven't posted in just under six months. Well, surprise surprise, I'm back and better than ever! And just so I can give myself more things to procrastinate on and do instead of actual work and writing to apply to my word count, I'm going to try and blog about it!

This being said, they'll probably be relatively short and not all that often.

Yet, I feel like 2014 NaNoWriMo is something that needs to be documented, and whether it's read or not, I don't really care.

And so I present, my 2014 NaNoWriMo novel, The Dead Key


Lucy Kent has spent years trying to reach some sort of normalcy, but when she discovers a typewriter in her grandfather's attic, her life is never the same. Every single word she types eventually comes to life. With the help of her grandfather and an old written friend named Theo, Lucy will learn the secrets surrounding the typewriter and her grandmother's death so many years ago.

Sooooooooo........? Sound interesting at all? Yes? No? Maybe a little bit if you were on pain meds and it was 3am? That's good enough for me. This is the novel I'll be spending an entire month on and hopefully, will one day make a book out of. It's definitely different than anything else I've ever written before, and I kind of like that. This is all a new, fun adventure that I can go on and I've specifically made it my mission to keep myself separate from my manuscript and story. Sounds strange, but it really makes a difference.

Thankfully, my best friend Cameron will be doing it this year with me, too. Let's hope we get to the finish line, folks! Keep on writing!

-Alexa

No comments:

Post a Comment